Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 234

Hughs Blues Album - Let Them Talk

Erstellt von candy, 03.02.2011, 15:07 Uhr · 233 Antworten · 35.719 Aufrufe

  1. #51
    Kathrina's Avatar

    Join Date
    11.12.2008
    Posts
    1.422
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Danke für die Info, aber wo auf der Seite kann man das dann finden?


    hier kann man "You don't know my mind" in ganzer Länge hören So ab der 43. Minute
    Genal, daaankeee. Ich tanze im Sitz... :rotes_Gesicht_2: Aber eher ab Minute 42:30 reinhören, bitte.

  2. #51
    Kathrina's Avatar

    Join Date
    11.12.2008
    Posts
    1.422
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Danke für die Info, aber wo auf der Seite kann man das dann finden?


    hier kann man "You don't know my mind" in ganzer Länge hören So ab der 43. Minute
    Genal, daaankeee. Ich tanze im Sitz... :rotes_Gesicht_2: Aber eher ab Minute 42:30 reinhören, bitte.

  3. #52
    es_doro's Avatar

    Join Date
    15.03.2011
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    wo man das dann morgen finden kann, ist auch die frage, die ich mir stelle...
    Ich würde mal behaupten unter live, da es ja ein live broadcast ist

  4. #52
    es_doro's Avatar

    Join Date
    15.03.2011
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    wo man das dann morgen finden kann, ist auch die frage, die ich mir stelle...
    Ich würde mal behaupten unter live, da es ja ein live broadcast ist

  5. #53
    candy
    candy's Avatar
    Ich habe den Link für morgen gefunden :Augenzwinkern_2:


    Hugh Laurie live: exclusive performance of songs from his debut album, broadcast live at 16.00 GMT on Wednesday 23 March


    hier noch ein Artikel dazu:

    It is not the fate you would expect of the star of arguably the most popular TV show in the world, but Hugh Laurie has got the blues.

    The British performer, 51, is the highest paid actor on US television for his role as Dr Gregory House in the medical drama series House. But to prepare for the release of his debut album as a recording artist, he was due to appear in a small New Orleans venue earlier this week for his first ever gig, with a ..... band behind him – featuring the likes of local legend Allen Toussaint.

    Guests in the specially invited audience included his old acting partner Stephen Fry.

    Laurie, star of British TV series including A Bit of Fry and Laurie and the PG Wodehouse adaptation Jeeves and Wooster, says he is a lifelong fan of the blues, ever since hearing I Can't Quit You Baby by Willie Dixon as a child. "I'm embarrassed to say I don't recall where I was when I heard that John Lennon had been assassinated," he said recently, "but I do remember where I was when I heard Muddy Waters had died. I was driving down the A1 from Lincolnshire and had this awful, selfish reaction: 'Now I'll never get to see him play live'."

    To satisfy his musical ambitions, Laurie recorded an album at Ocean Way studios in Los Angeles in September 2010, covering songs such as St James Infirmary. Guests on the record, titled Let Them Talk, include pianist Dr John, blues singer Irma Thomas and Sir Tom Jones. Laurie sings lead vocals and plays the piano and guitar.

    "In my imagination New Orleans just straight hummed with music, romance, joy, despair," he said. "Its rhythms got into my gawky English frame and, at times, made me so happy and sad, I just didn't know what to do with myself. I love this music as authentically as I know how."

    The producer of the record, singer-songwriter Joe Henry, said: "I'm sincere when I say I think people will be stunned, not just at how much time he's devoted to his musical life but how interesting his take on the music is."

    Laurie has previously played guitar in different episodes of House and guested as a pianist on Meat Loaf's's 2010 album Hang Cool Teddy Bear following an appearance from the US rock star on the TV show. He also appeared in the music videos for the Kate Bush single Experiment IV in 1986 and the 1992 single Walking on Broken Glass by Annie Lennox.

    Other actors to have embarked on musical careers include Woody Allen, Bruce Willis and Kevin Costner, as well as Scarlett Johansson and Juliette Lewis.

    In 2009 Steve Martin revealed his love of old-time country music and released the album The Crow: New Songs for the Five-String Banjo, featuring appearances from Dolly Parton and Earl Scruggs. It won the comedy actor the Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album.

    Anticipating criticism of his new career, Hugh Laurie added in a statement to accompany the release of Let Them Talk: "I was not born in Alabama in the 1890s. I've never eaten grits, cropped a share, or ridden a boxcar. I am a white, middle-class Englishman, openly trespassing on the music and myth of the American south. If that weren't bad enough, I'm also an actor: one of those pampered ninnies who can't find his way through an airport without a babysitter."
    Quelle


    EDIT: WER DIE SONGS VON DER SINGLE HABEN MÖCHTE UND SIE NICHT SELBST FINDET, KANN SICH PER PN BEI MIR MELDEN :Augenzwinkern_2:

  6. #53
    candy
    candy's Avatar
    Ich habe den Link für morgen gefunden :Augenzwinkern_2:


    Hugh Laurie live: exclusive performance of songs from his debut album, broadcast live at 16.00 GMT on Wednesday 23 March


    hier noch ein Artikel dazu:

    It is not the fate you would expect of the star of arguably the most popular TV show in the world, but Hugh Laurie has got the blues.

    The British performer, 51, is the highest paid actor on US television for his role as Dr Gregory House in the medical drama series House. But to prepare for the release of his debut album as a recording artist, he was due to appear in a small New Orleans venue earlier this week for his first ever gig, with a ..... band behind him – featuring the likes of local legend Allen Toussaint.

    Guests in the specially invited audience included his old acting partner Stephen Fry.

    Laurie, star of British TV series including A Bit of Fry and Laurie and the PG Wodehouse adaptation Jeeves and Wooster, says he is a lifelong fan of the blues, ever since hearing I Can't Quit You Baby by Willie Dixon as a child. "I'm embarrassed to say I don't recall where I was when I heard that John Lennon had been assassinated," he said recently, "but I do remember where I was when I heard Muddy Waters had died. I was driving down the A1 from Lincolnshire and had this awful, selfish reaction: 'Now I'll never get to see him play live'."

    To satisfy his musical ambitions, Laurie recorded an album at Ocean Way studios in Los Angeles in September 2010, covering songs such as St James Infirmary. Guests on the record, titled Let Them Talk, include pianist Dr John, blues singer Irma Thomas and Sir Tom Jones. Laurie sings lead vocals and plays the piano and guitar.

    "In my imagination New Orleans just straight hummed with music, romance, joy, despair," he said. "Its rhythms got into my gawky English frame and, at times, made me so happy and sad, I just didn't know what to do with myself. I love this music as authentically as I know how."

    The producer of the record, singer-songwriter Joe Henry, said: "I'm sincere when I say I think people will be stunned, not just at how much time he's devoted to his musical life but how interesting his take on the music is."

    Laurie has previously played guitar in different episodes of House and guested as a pianist on Meat Loaf's's 2010 album Hang Cool Teddy Bear following an appearance from the US rock star on the TV show. He also appeared in the music videos for the Kate Bush single Experiment IV in 1986 and the 1992 single Walking on Broken Glass by Annie Lennox.

    Other actors to have embarked on musical careers include Woody Allen, Bruce Willis and Kevin Costner, as well as Scarlett Johansson and Juliette Lewis.

    In 2009 Steve Martin revealed his love of old-time country music and released the album The Crow: New Songs for the Five-String Banjo, featuring appearances from Dolly Parton and Earl Scruggs. It won the comedy actor the Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album.

    Anticipating criticism of his new career, Hugh Laurie added in a statement to accompany the release of Let Them Talk: "I was not born in Alabama in the 1890s. I've never eaten grits, cropped a share, or ridden a boxcar. I am a white, middle-class Englishman, openly trespassing on the music and myth of the American south. If that weren't bad enough, I'm also an actor: one of those pampered ninnies who can't find his way through an airport without a babysitter."
    Quelle


    EDIT: WER DIE SONGS VON DER SINGLE HABEN MÖCHTE UND SIE NICHT SELBST FINDET, KANN SICH PER PN BEI MIR MELDEN :Augenzwinkern_2:

  7. #54
    es_doro's Avatar

    Join Date
    15.03.2011
    Posts
    184

  8. #54
    es_doro's Avatar

    Join Date
    15.03.2011
    Posts
    184

  9. #55
    candy
    candy's Avatar

  10. #55
    candy
    candy's Avatar

  11. #56

  12. #56

  13. #57
    Jacqui's Avatar

    Join Date
    09.08.2006
    Posts
    191
    tut sich bei euch schon was?

  14. #57
    Jacqui's Avatar

    Join Date
    09.08.2006
    Posts
    191
    tut sich bei euch schon was?

  15. #58
    candy
    candy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    tut sich bei euch schon was?
    Es geht erst um 17 Uhr los :Augenzwinkern_2:

  16. #58
    candy
    candy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    tut sich bei euch schon was?
    Es geht erst um 17 Uhr los :Augenzwinkern_2:

  17. #59
    Jacqui's Avatar

    Join Date
    09.08.2006
    Posts
    191
    danke hatte hier nicht irgendwo jemand gesagt es sei bei uns 16 uhr?

  18. #59
    Jacqui's Avatar

    Join Date
    09.08.2006
    Posts
    191
    danke hatte hier nicht irgendwo jemand gesagt es sei bei uns 16 uhr?

  19. #60
    Violett's Avatar

    Join Date
    12.03.2007
    Posts
    2.412
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    danke hatte hier nicht irgendwo jemand gesagt es sei bei uns 16 uhr?
    16.00 GMT, das ist 16Uhr britischer Uhrzeit. Zwischen Deutschland und England gibt es 1 Stunde Zeitverschiebung. Das heißt, in Deutschland ist es dann 17 Uhr.

  20. #60
    Violett's Avatar

    Join Date
    12.03.2007
    Posts
    2.412
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    danke hatte hier nicht irgendwo jemand gesagt es sei bei uns 16 uhr?
    16.00 GMT, das ist 16Uhr britischer Uhrzeit. Zwischen Deutschland und England gibt es 1 Stunde Zeitverschiebung. Das heißt, in Deutschland ist es dann 17 Uhr.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hugh Laurie - Neues Blues Album
    By MsHousefan in forum Hugh Laurie (als Dr. Gregory House)
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 14.12.13, 20:04
  2. Hugh Laurie’s Blues Changes // BBC Radio 2
    By MrsHouseWife in forum Hugh Laurie (als Dr. Gregory House)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15.10.13, 20:56
  3. 16. RPG: Let's Talk About...
    By Alexil in forum Aufgegebene RPGs
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 24.06.08, 22:08
  4. 16. RPG: Feedback - Let's Talk About...
    By Alexil in forum Feedback Dr. House Rollenspiele
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23.03.08, 11:34
  5. Game Talk-Forum
    By K@!r! in forum Werbung & Webseiten-Infos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25.02.07, 20:57